Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist, Asia & Canada
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for health & wellness along with a commitment to excellence, we want YOU! Iovate is the maker of the MuscleTech, Six Star and Hydroxycut family of products and the leader in the active nutrition, weight management and health supplements industry!
Due to our rapid growth and our vision to be the #1 active nutrition and weight management supplement company in the world, our company has a career opportunity for a passionate, hardworking, and dedicated individual to join our growing Global organization!
The successful candidate is responsible for supporting the Regulatory Affairs team in regulatory activities to ensure corporate goals are achieved in a compliant manner. This role will play a vital part in devising, recommending, and implementing regulatory compliant strategies to support business, while working closely with the Research & Product Development and Sales teams to accomplish these goals. The incumbent must have a solid scientific background and knowledge of/experience with the regulation of Dietary Supplements/Natural Health Products.
- Support Canadian and International teams, including our partners in China, on new product research and development by the evaluation of formulations and labels for compliance, in accordance with applicable regulations
- Provide after-market Canadian, China and international regulatory support for Iovate products
- Liaise with overseas partners on regulatory matters
- Monitor and report developments in regulatory world with direct relevance to Iovate
- Demonstrate an ability to monitor, inform, suggest, recommend and apply, after necessary approval from manager, actions necessary to meet and maintain regulatory (food and drug) compliance
- Coordinate and generate regulatory documentation requests
- Coordinate Canadian submissions and site license renewal with Natural and Non-Prescription Health Products Directorate
- Coordinate Temporary Marketing Authorizations with Health Canada
- Review and update internal Standard Operating Procedures, as needed
- Other role related duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary Education in Science, Biology, Nutrition or related field
- Minimum 5 years of regulatory affairs experience preferably within a consumer-packaged goods regulated environment (direct dealings with NNHPD and/or CFIA would be considered an asset)
- Ability to speak fluent Mandarin
- Working knowledge of Chinese Solid Beverage Regulations (including GB standards) and Health Food Regulations preferred
- Key skills include: Results-driven, accountable/own tasks, effective communicator and able to problem-solve with multiple priorities at one time
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Office location
What We Offer:
- World class gym, fitness classes and external basketball court
- Community involvement through charitable events
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Group Health & Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company RRSP Matching
- Paid vacation & 5 personal days
- Employee Engagement Events
- Subsidized Café
- Product & Swag from our industry leading brands
- Professional career development
- Opportunities for Global career exposure without the need to relocate!
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information click here.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
Iovate Health Sciences international Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please email the Iovate Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the Iovate Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No agency calls please.