Iovate is a dynamic, leading-edge nutrition company that delivers some of the highest quality, most innovative and effective active nutrition and weight management products in the world. Each of our Brands are committed to biology, science, and their own culture to assist customers in reaching their goals.
Iovate – Commited to a higher standard
Position: Senior Product Development Specialist
Reporting To: Product Development Manager
Team: Operations, R&D
- Actively search, identify, review and provide feedback on available literature specific to new or existing ingredients.
- Actualize product concepts through costing, brand review, flavor/technical development leading directly to shelf (‘Concept to Shelf’) through generation of final formulas and product development briefs
- Manage product development projects with various co-packers/manufacturers and help maintain professional and amicable business relationships between Iovate and such third parties
- Coordinate sensory evaluations to ensure the final formula meets or exceeds organoleptic expectations
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure Product specifications (physical, chemical, micro, heavy metals) prior to completing final PDB to expedite product launch
- Manage and monitor stability for products prior to launch.
- Monitor competitive innovation as a basis for strategic product comparison/recommendations
- Review PLA evidence/safety summary reports for Canadian products
- Review and sign-off Product Labels
- Track status of all technical projects, including change controls and new product launches
- Provide leadership/guidance to colleagues in navigating the various aspects of concept development right through to quality release of finished goods
- Support legal/compliance and brand team in product claim development and substantiation
- Function as a scientific liaison between R&D and various internal departments including Marketing, Sales, Legal Affairs to develop research based technical information relevant to Iovate’s various product lines
- Work with brand management to help address customer inquiries
- Work with regulatory affairs to ensure formula compliance in all applicable markets and correct supplement facts prior to completing final PDB and labels to expedite product launch
- Effectively represent Scientific affairs in corporate meetings
- Maintain working knowledge of new and innovative trends in the supplement/food industry
- Other role related duties as assigned
Experience & Skillset:
- BS/MS in food science, Nutrition, Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical or related field required.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of manufacturing or product development experience in the food or pharmaceutical/ Supplement/ Natural product industry an asset
- Knowledge and technical expertise relating to wellness and sports nutrition science is an asset
- Ability to travel to the US on short notice for observation of manufacturing of new product launches and finalization of sensory activities or any tradeshows, expos etc.
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment with ability to manage both short term needs and long term department initiatives
- Outstanding communication, problem-solving skills and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
What We Offer:
- World class gym, fitness classes and external basketball court
- Community involvement through charitable events
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Group Health & Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company RRSP Matching
- Paid vacation & 5 personal days
- Employee Engagement Events
- Subsidized Café
- Product & Swag from our industry leading brands
- Professional career development
- Opportunities for Global career exposure without the need to relocate!