Iovate is a dynamic, leading-edge nutrition company that delivers some of the highest quality, most innovative and effective active nutrition and weight management products in the world. Each of our Brands are committed to biology, science, and their own culture to assist customers in reaching their goals.
Iovate – Commited to a higher standard
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Accounting Manager and will form an integral part of the Controllership team within Finance; providing accounting and financial reporting support, the incumbent will possess strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), the ability to develop strong relationships with partners across the business, have strong business acumen and enjoys a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Technical IFRS accounting review and recommendation for complex accounting areas including but not limited to business combinations, contingent consideration, segment reporting, financial instruments, other comprehensive income, etc. in accordance with IFRS
- Advanced technical knowledge and practical understanding of accounting for Inventory in a Manufacturing or Co-manufacturing and Consumer Products environment; this role will be responsible for the accounting and analysis of cost of goods sold, inventory valuations including obsolescence provision accounting, purchase price variance, freight and warehousing costs, etc.
- Key lead on various projects, representing the Finance and Controllership team, including but not limited to implementation of improved management reporting and reporting tools, development of dashboards to assist the organization with understanding financial information, IFRS analysis of implications related to new initiatives across the business, etc.
- Preparation of internal and external IFRS consolidated and standalone Legal Entity financial statements and assist with note disclosures thereto, including the review/ preparation of related supplemental schedules
- Responsibility for consolidation and related elimination entries for multiple levels of corporate consolidation
- Completing reconciliations for key accounts, ensuring they are appropriately completed and documented
- The incumbent will have a complete understanding of a full General Ledger (GL) closing process and will have experience with accounting for multiple legal entities and/or business combinations that require consolidation
- Assisting in gathering and review of monthly, quarterly and annual information for external reporting, audits, reviews and tax compliance
- Recommendations and assisting in implementation and monitoring of internal controls and processes where required
- Recommendations and assisting in implementing continuous improvement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies and take advantage of opportunities
- Works closely with other functional areas including but not limited to: Operations, Treasury, Tax, Accounts Payable, etc.
- Provide coaching to junior members of the Finance team and support other business partners as a subject matter expert on finance related issues
- Participation in other financial reporting projects as required
- Other ad hoc duties and reporting where necessary
Experience & Skillset:
- CPA (CA, CGA or CMA) designation
- 4+ years of accounting experience in relevant positions that require IFRS analysis, consolidation and financial statement preparation
- 4+ years of experience within a consumer-packaged goods environment with a strong understanding of manufacturing and inventory related accounting
- 4+ years’ experience with advanced Excel functions (pivots, lookups, arrays, etc.)
- Experience working with a large ERP system is required; experience with Dynamics 365 and Workday Adaptive is considered beneficial
- Strong working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience with system implementationswould be an asset
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment
- Leadership and coaching skills; outstanding communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills
What We Offer:
- World class gym, fitness classes and external basketball court
- Community involvement through charitable events
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Group Health & Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company RRSP Matching
- Paid vacation & 5 personal days
- Employee Engagement Events
- Subsidized Café
- Product & Swag from our industry leading brands
- Professional career development
- Opportunities for Global career exposure without the need to relocate!
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information please visit us at www.iovate.com.
Iovate Health Sciences international Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please email the Iovate Human Resources team at email@example.com to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the Iovate Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview
We are interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agency calls please