Senior Brand Copywriter, Sports Performance
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for health & wellness along with a commitment to excellence, we want YOU! Iovate is the maker of the MuscleTech, Six Star and Hydroxycut family of products and the leader in the active nutrition, weight management and health supplements industry!
Due to our rapid growth and our vision to be the #1 active nutrition and weight management supplement company in the world, our company has a career opportunity for a passionate, hardworking, and dedicated individual to join our team!
Iovate Health Sciences is seeking a strong writer with 8+ years experience in integrated marketing, brand and product writing. You have a holistic understanding of how voice and tone are essential to brand communications and brand perception overall. You have an acute knack for copy, are a meticulous editor, and yet speedy writer from email copywriting, to on pack romance copy, to brand campaign collateral, to in product communications, you are a jack-of-all-trades with a pen, and a brand storyteller with proven experience in implementing a brand’s voice through creative copy.
To be considered for the role of Sr. Brand Copywriter, you will bring a well-rounded portfolio with experience in advertising, digital and direct-to-consumer copy to the table. You will collaborate and assist in the development of branded content for marketing initiatives across a range of channels, developing headlines, direct marketing materials, master brand campaigns, websites, sales/marketing support, and assist in organic and paid posts. In short, you possess a talent for storytelling that integrates the voice and point of view of the brands within our business.
- Developing the creative strategy and campaign concepts designed to build an emotional connection for our Sports Performance brands such as MuscleTech, SixStar and XP Sports.
- Working closely with designers and brand marketing stakeholders to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with brand guidelines.
- Defining the position and messaging — articulating the brand’s value proposition, voice and point of view.
- Delivering branded content built for owned, paid and managed channels.
- Working closely with paid and organic marketing to help optimize campaign assets.
- Producing intelligent, captivating and insightful copy that reflects the brand’s personality and establishes a meaningful relationship with our consumers.
- Providing rationales for creative concepts and present internally to key stakeholders.
- Participating in strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution.
- Composing written content for marketing initiatives across a range of channels, including headlines, tag lines, positioning statements, feature copy for articles, web content, emails, packaging, direct marketing materials and more.
- Ensuring a consistent tone of voice across all communications.
- Revising editing and proofreading large amounts of copy generated by other members of the Brand Marketing team, as required.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in an agency or similar environment building brands in support of an organization’s strategy.
- Strong critical thinker, able to translate a creative brief into compelling content that embodies marketing objectives.
- Airtight writing skills and experience thinking strategically about brand concepts and implementation across multiple channels
- Ability to strategically translate market research and data to into brand language and stories, work brand to align writing towards a consistent brand voice.
- Ability to write engaging headlines, body copy and tag lines for a variety of audiences, both online and off, with a range of objectives and within the brand’s existing voice.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills with an eye for detail that ensures high quality deliverables every time.
- Flexibility and adaptability of writing style and voice to be able to generate copy that resonates with the intended audience.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and often meet tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with SEO and SEM best practices an asset.
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information click here.
Iovate Health Sciences international Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please email the Iovate Human Resources team at email@example.com to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the Iovate Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No agency calls please.