Regulatory Affairs Manager (Contract)
Iovate is the maker of the MuscleTech, Six Star, Purely Inspired and Hydroxycut family of products and the leader in the active nutrition, weight management and health supplements industry! If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for health & wellness along with a commitment to excellence, we want YOU!
Due to our rapid growth and our vision to be the #1 active nutrition and weight management supplement company in the world, our company has a career opportunity for a passionate, hardworking, and dedicated individual to join our growing Global organization!
As part of the Management Team, you will play a key role in the execution of business strategy and corporate initiatives. You will have full responsibility to manage the day to day operations related to the Regulatory Affairs department and will manage and provide leadership to the team.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and achievement of departmental objectives
- Understands departmental needs and business requirements to deliver projects on schedule and within budget
- Lead, mentor, and train the team consistent with company policies, guidelines, and standards
- Review and sign-off on product labels, product development briefs, change control documentation, and formulations in accordance with appropriate regulatory framework
- Manage day-to-day activities of direct reports, including label reviews, ingredient reviews, and additional compliance documentation.
- Monitor processes and ensure departmental SOPs are followed. Ensure SOPs are relevant and updated as needed.
- Monitor and report developments in each territory that is managed in relation to food and supplement with direct relevance to Iovate
- Provide additional support for other jurisdictions, as needed.
- Monitor, inform, suggest, recommend and apply, after necessary approval from Associate Director, actions necessary to meet and maintain regulatory (food and drug) compliance
- Challenges the status quo and looks for innovative ways to continually improve processes
- Post-Secondary Education in Science, Biology, Nutrition, Toxicology or related field
- 5+ years of regulatory affairs experience preferably within a consumer-packaged goods regulated environment (strong recommendations for directly dealing with at least one of the following: Health Canada, Therapeutic Goods Administration, FSANZ, US FDA)
- Experience in science-based documentation
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following: US Dietary Supplement and Food Regulations (DSHEA), Canadian Natural Health Products and Food Regulations, European Food Supplement Regulations, Australian Therapeutic Goods and Food Regulations, LATAM Food Regulations, MENA Region Food/Pharmaceutical Regulations
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment
- Leadership and coaching skills; outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
What We Offer:
- World class gym, fitness classes and external basketball court
- Community involvement through charitable events
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Group Health & Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company RRSP Matching
- Paid vacation & 5 personal days
- Employee Engagement Events
- Subsidized Café
- Product & Swag from our industry leading brands
- Professional career development
- Opportunities for Global career exposure without the need to relocate!
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information click here.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
Iovate Health Sciences international Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please email the Iovate Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the Iovate Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No agency calls please.