Legal Counsel, Marketing & Digital
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for health & wellness along with a commitment to excellence, we want YOU! Iovate is the maker of the MuscleTech, Six Star and Hydroxycut family of products and the leader in the active nutrition, weight management and health supplements industry!
Due to our rapid growth and our vision to be the #1 active nutrition and weight management supplement company in the world, our company has a career opportunity for a passionate, hardworking, and dedicated individual to join our growing Global organization!
- Provides advice and support across the company to all levels of the business on regulatory and compliance matters relating to marketing, advertising, privacy and data security
- Drafts and negotiates commercial agreements related to Marketing and Digital initiatives
- Participates in the review and approval of packaging and labeling requirements for products
- Assist in the development, implementation, and achievement of departmental objectives
- Understands business requirements to deliver projects on schedule and within budget
- Challenge the status quo and look for innovative ways to continually improve processes
- Other role related duties as assigned
- Education from a recognized Law School
- Undergraduate marketing and or regulatory education considered an asset
- 5+ years post call experience, in-house or private practice
- Member in good standing of a Canadian or U.S. Bar
- Demonstrate strong working experience and knowledge in the following areas of law:
- Advertising & Marketing Compliance in Canada and/or the U.S. (FTC)
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements
- Regulation of food and/or pharmaceuticals (Health Canada, FDA and international)
- Some experience with US and other international jurisdictions would be an asset
- Experience negotiating with government agencies and/or regulators is an asset
- Mandarin and PRC experience would be a definite asset
- Must have strong negotiation skills and business acumen
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
What We Offer:
- World class gym, fitness classes and external basketball court
- Community involvement through charitable events
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Group Health & Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company RRSP Matching
- Paid vacation & 5 personal days
- Employee Engagement Events
- Subsidized Café
- Product & Swag from our industry leading brands
- Professional career development
- Opportunities for Global career exposure without the need to relocate!
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information click here.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
Iovate Health Sciences international Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please email the Iovate Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the Iovate Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No agency calls please.