If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for health & wellness along with a commitment to excellence, we want YOU! Iovate is the maker of the MuscleTech, Six Star, Hydroxycut and Purely Inspired family of products and is the leader in the active nutrition, weight management and health supplements industry!
Due to our rapid growth and our vision to be the #1 active nutrition and weight management supplement company in the world, our company has a career opportunity for a passionate, hardworking, and dedicated individual and we are looking for people like you to join our team!
- The primary function is to support the research driven corporate goals and objectives by initiating the discovery and ultimate commercialization of new innovations.
- Help support the scientific needs of all Iovate departments. This includes product development activities for new and existing products relating to the enhancement of formulation, sensory and technological aspects of products.
- The incumbent will interface with co-packers throughout the development phase to ensure timely and effective development of new product introductions.
- The successful candidate will generate the relevant GMP documentation, and maintain internal product development systems.
- Actively search, identify, review and provide feedback on available literature specific to new or existing ingredients
- Actualize product concepts through review of raw material specs and regulatory compliance of ingredients, costing, brand review, flavor/technical development leading directly to shelf (‘Concept to Shelf’) through generation of final formulas and product development briefs.
- Monitor competitive innovation as a basis for strategic product comparison/recommendations such as market research, media surveillance etc.
- Attend trade shows and conferences to identify new innovations.
- Generate PLA evidence/safety summary reports for Canadian products utilizing scientific literature.
- Review and sign-off Product Labels.
- Track status of all technical projects, including change controls and new product launch specifications.
- Support the business needs of Sales and Marketing as an R&D representative.
- Review and sign-off on marketing/media website and advertisement material.
- Post-Secondary Education in Nutrition, Life Sciences, or related field or within a consumer packaged goods environment
- Knowledge and technical expertise relating to diet and sports nutrition science is an asset
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment with ability to manage both short term needs and long term department initiatives
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite as well as familiarity with standard laboratory equipment and procedures
What We Offer:
- World class gym, fitness classes and external basketball court
- Community involvement through charitable events
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Group Health & Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company RRSP Matching
- Paid vacation & 5 personal days
- Employee Engagement Events
- Subsidized Café
- Product & Swag from our industry leading brands
- Professional career development
- Opportunities for Global career exposure without the need to relocate!
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information click here.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
We are interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iovate Health Sciences international Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please email the Iovate Human Resources team at email@example.com to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Iovate is committed to maintaining applicant privacy and will not share applicant information outside of the Iovate organization or seek references without expressed permission from the candidate.
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the Iovate Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No agency calls please.