Trade Spend Analyst
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for health & wellness along with a commitment to excellence, we want YOU! Iovate is the maker of the MuscleTech, Six Star, Hydroxycut and Purely Inspired family of products and is the leader in the active nutrition, weight management and health supplements industry!
Due to our rapid growth and our vision to be the #1 active nutrition and weight management supplement company in the world, our company has a career opportunity for a passionate, hardworking, and dedicated individual and we are looking for people like you to join our team!
- Monitoring and reviewing the entry, as well as analysis of accruals and accounting for promotional trade spend with customers, with responsibility for a portfolio of customers in support of a channel / market
- Prepare monthly reports and reconciliations by customer and provide feedback to Management
- Upload trade spend promotions to the customer promotions management system, once they have been entered by Sales team, to ensure discounts are applied in timely manner to invoices or included in monthly accruals reporting.
- Consistent coordination and communication with the Sales team through daily interaction, as well as Monthly P&L review meetings, to ensure all promotional activities for the period are captured and accounted for in the financial statements (completeness of trade spend).
- Work with the Accounts Receivable (“AR”) team to ensure deductions are properly applied to promotion accrual and follow-up with AR Coordinator, Sales Analyst or Sales teams as required to ensure deductions are cleared appropriately on a timely basis
- Understand and ensure policies and procedures are adhered to
- Meet month end close and project timelines
- Prepare, plan, and conduct validations on select deductions
- Liaise with Sales and AR/Accounts Payable teams on issues and concerns
- Assist with maintenance of customer pricing module within the accounting system
- Assist to ensure pricing approval process is being followed and adhered to by the business
- Assist to monitor price mismatch process and ensure pricing variances are resolved within the timeline required, working with Customer Service, MDM, Sales and Marketing
- Provide process improvements within areas of responsibility
- Provide ad hoc analysis
- Perform special projects and information requests as assigned
- Other role related duties as assigned
- CPA designation or working towards completion required
- Ability to meet tight timelines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced level Excel skills
- Strong understanding of financial statements
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize
- 3 – 5 years of experience within finance with 2 -3 years directly within trade spend would be an asset
- Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience would be an asset
- Experience working with large ERP and/or CRM applications would be an asset
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information click here.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
We are interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply in confidence to: email@example.com.
Iovate Health Sciences international Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please email the Iovate Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Iovate is committed to maintaining applicant privacy and will not share applicant information outside of the Iovate organization or seek references without expressed permission from the candidate.
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the Iovate Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No agency calls please.