Senior Financial Analyst
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for health & wellness along with a commitment to excellence, we want YOU! Iovate is the maker of the MuscleTech, Six Star, Hydroxycut and Purely Inspired family of products and is the leader in the active nutrition, weight management and health supplements industry!!
Due to our rapid growth and our vision to be the #1 active nutrition and weight management supplement company in the world, our company has several career opportunities for passionate, hardworking, and dedicated individuals and we are looking for people like you to join our team!
The Senior Financial Analyst role will report to the Accounting Manager and will form an integral part of the finance team; providing general accounting and financial reporting support. The incumbent will possess strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), have strong business acumen and enjoys a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Preparation of internal and external IFRS consolidated and standalone Legal Entity financial statements and assist with note disclosures thereto, including the review/ preparation of related supplemental schedules
- Responsibility for consolidation and related elimination entries as well as reconciliations, ensuring they are appropriately completed and documented
- Technical accounting review and recommendation for complex accounting areas including but not limited to business combinations, contingent consideration, segment reporting, financial instruments, other comprehensive income, etc. in accordance with IFRS
- Advanced technical knowledge and practical understanding of accounting for Inventory in a Manufacturing or Co-manufacturing and Consumer Products environment; this role will be responsible for the accounting and analysis of cost of goods sold, inventory valuations including obsolescence provision accounting, purchase price variance, freight and warehousing costs, etc.
- The incumbent will have a complete understanding of a full General Ledger (GL) closing process and will have experience with accounting for multiple legal entities and/or business combinations that require consolidation
- Assisting in gathering and review of monthly, quarterly and annual information for external reporting, audits, reviews and tax compliance
- Recommendations and assisting in the implementing of additional internal controls and processes where required
- Recommendations and assisting in implementing continuous improvement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs and take advantage of opportunities
- Works closely with other functional areas including but not limited to: Operations, Treasury, Tax, Accounts Payable, etc.
- Participation in other financial reporting projects as required
- Other ad hoc duties and reporting where necessary
- CPA (CA, CGA or CMA) designation
- 4+ years of accounting experience preferably from one of the Big Four Accounting Firms and/or within a publicly traded consumer packaged goods environment
- Strong working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience with system implementations would be an asset
- Experience working with a large ERP system is required
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment
- Leadership and coaching skills; outstanding communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
What We Offer:
- World class gym, fitness classes and external basketball court
- Community involvement through charitable events
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Group Health & Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company RRSP Matching
- Paid vacation & 5 personal days
- Employee Engagement Events
- Subsidized Café
- Product & Swag from our industry leading brands
- Professional career development
- Opportunities for Global career exposure without the need to relocate!
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information click here.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
We are interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iovate Health Sciences international Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please email the Iovate Human Resources team at email@example.com to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Iovate is committed to maintaining applicant privacy and will not share applicant information outside of the Iovate organization or seek references without expressed permission from the candidate.
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the Iovate Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No agency calls please.