Iovate is a dynamic, leading-edge nutrition company that delivers some of the highest quality, most innovative and effective active nutrition and weight management products in the world. Each of our Brands are committed to biology, science, and their own culture to assist customers in reaching their goals.
Iovate – Commited to a higher standard
- Responsible for accounting, reconciliation and analysis of various General Ledger (GL) accounts
- Actively facilitate month-end close process and month-end analysis for various accounts
- Update and maintain commitment schedules, operating leases and various other reconciliations, in accordance with IFRS guidance
- Responsible for accounting for capital assets in accordance with IFRS
- Responsible for accounting for SG&A spend for the full business including variance analysis, which requires a high degree of interaction with various teams across the business
- Prepare journal entries as necessary
- Assist with Gross Margin and Profitability analysis for key Brands and variance analysis for marketing related spend
- Have a complete understanding of a full GL closing process and will have experience with accounting for multiple legal entities and/or business combinations that require consolidation
- Monitor, review, analyze and reconcile GL accounts to ensure accuracy and is able to proactively and effectively identify and report on variances
- Strong proficiency in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Assisting in gathering and review of monthly, quarterly and annual information for external reporting, audits, reviews and tax compliance
- Providing recommendations and assisting with the implementation / improvement of internal controls and processes where required
- Providing recommendations and assisting with the implementation of continuous improvements to increase productivity and efficiency within the Finance team as well as across the business
- Works closely with other functional areas including but not limited to: Operations, Marketing, Accounts Payable, Tax, etc.
- Participation in other financial reporting projects as required
- Other ad hoc duties and reporting where necessary
Experience & Skillset:
- CPA (CA, CGA or CMA) designation
- 4+ years of accounting experience preferably from a mid-size to large Accounting Firm and/or within a publicly traded consumer packaged goods environment
- Strong working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience with system implementations would be an asset
- Experience working with a large ERP system is required
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 considered an asset
What We Offer:
- World class gym, fitness classes and external basketball court
- Community involvement through charitable events
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Group Health & Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company RRSP Matching
- Paid vacation & 5 personal days
- Employee Engagement Events
- Subsidized Café
- Product & Swag from our industry leading brands
- Professional career development
- Opportunities for Global career exposure without the need to relocate!
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information click here.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
We are interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply in confidence to: email@example.com. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.