Director, Research & Product Development
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for health & wellness along with a commitment to excellence, we want YOU! Iovate is the maker of the MuscleTech, Six Star, Hydroxycut and Purely Inspired family of products and is the leader in the active nutrition, weight management and health supplements industry!
Due to our rapid growth and our vision to be the #1 active nutrition and weight management supplement company in the world, our company has several career opportunities for passionate, hardworking, and dedicated individuals and we are looking for people like you to join our team!
As part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), you will participate in the development of business strategy and corporate initiatives providing input from a Product and Innovation perspective. You will be held accountable for the overall budget of scientific affairs and ensuring the launch of best in class products.
- Responsible for the building best in class products that are differentiated and avail a sustainable value in terms of revenue and profits for the business.
- Takes a lead role in developing, maintaining, and enhancing product formulas and taste to meet business goals and strategies
- Directs the activities of R&D and packaging teams to support Iovate’s business strategy
- Build strong relationships with all suppliers and co-manufacturers and invest time and energy in maintaining those relationships
- Work with other departmental Directors and Executives on company wide initiatives
- Formula development, pricing and approval – tactics and strategy with strong focus on new ingredients, concepts and technologies
- Work closely with the innovation team on product pipeline development, for example: new science-based ingredients, packaging and functional foods, and beverage
- Together with the Purchasing team, locate vendors of materials and co-manufacturers to implement new technologies, food and beverage
- Work with suppliers and scientists in locating and identifying new clinically supported ingredients
- Creating innovative research trials and product proposals in keeping with R&D business strategy
- Supporting the expansion of clinical research, IP portfolio , and scientific publications
- Ensure regulatory compliance of all ingredients, products and labels in accordance with regional requirements
- Assists in setting Budget and Headcount Budget for the following year and ensuring compliance
- Lead, mentor and coach the department including the development and execution of a department strategy
- Post-Secondary Education in a science-based program
- 10 years of product development and/or management experience preferably within a CPG environment
- Proven success in food and beverage, and/or dietary supplements
- Great understanding of food and beverage sensory evaluation practices
- Experience resolving daily internal and external problems and challenges in product management positions that affect a product’s financial and market success.
- Previous experience implementing, monitoring, and/or product launches
- Knowledge of product development and technology with emphasis on novel ideas
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment
- Leadership and coaching skills; outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
What We Offer:
- World class gym, fitness classes and external basketball court
- Community involvement through charitable events
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Group Health & Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company RRSP Matching
- Paid vacation & 5 personal days
- Employee Engagement Events
- Subsidized Café
- Product & Swag from our industry leading brands
- Professional career development
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information click here.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
We are interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply in confidence to: email@example.com.
Iovate Health Sciences international Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible work environment. We are committed to meeting the needs of all applicants in a timely manner and will do so by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations to fully participate in the recruitment and selection process, please email the Iovate Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an accommodation request. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Iovate is committed to maintaining applicant privacy and will not share applicant information outside of the Iovate organization or seek references without expressed permission from the candidate.
We appreciate applicant interest in this position, however, due to the volume of submissions, the Iovate Human Resources team will only contact candidates selected for an interview. No agency calls please.