Iovate is a dynamic, leading-edge nutrition company that delivers some of the highest quality, most innovative and effective active nutrition and weight management products in the world. Each of our Brands are committed to biology, science, and their own culture to assist customers in reaching their goals.
Iovate – Commited to a higher standard
Iovate is looking for a conceptual copywriter to write content for its in-house brands and retail partners.
In this position, you will work closely with the brand, creative and production teams to create engaging concepts for our portfolio of brands across a variety of channels—including OOH, TV, radio, print, and digital.
As a copywriter, you bring a variety of core creative competencies to the table and your passion for creativity is already proven. Now you’re ready to take it to the next level by coming up with ideas and executing them in ways that change customer behaviour. You’re a big-idea thinker who also sweats the smalls stuff. Your workload will be a mix of creative and production creative work on our core business, while pushing the boundaries of Iovate’s vision to combine data and creativity in new ways.
You will have the opportunity to work on a globally recognized portfolio of trustworthy performance nutrition products, including MuscleTech, Hydroxycut, SIXSTAR, and Purely Inspired.
As a critical member of the creative team, you are a born collaborator. You play well with others and can work with other departments—the work involves close collaboration with people from a variety of departments, such as brand, project management, legal, as well as creative, of course. Being the only internal copywriter on the team you will be accountable and responsible for maintaining and evolving each Brands distinct tone of voice and storytelling throughout multiple channels.
You will work with Art Directors to concept and craft great ideas into best-in-class executions, and opportunities to collaborate with the team at our in-house, fully equipped production facility to bring your ideas to life.
- Work with the creative team in all areas of creative development, researching, concepting, and contributing to the development of the creative process from draft stage through to final
- Be comfortable writing in multiple styles and for multiple formats
- Write copy that is tonally and stylistically appropriate for a variety of media and consumer targets
- Write original copy for yearly campaigns, video/broadcast scripts and slogans for various advertising mediums and maintaining brand consistency across all channels.
- Develop copy for multiple product-focused sales material such as, sell sheets, PowerPoint presentations, eCommerce pages and DTC websites.
- Ensure that internal deadlines, timetables, and approval procedures are adhered to for assigned project phases.
- Demonstrate exceptional writing abilities, great attention to detail and possess strong organization skills.
- Stay on top of the latest advertising trends and techniques, including traditional media and new social platforms
Experience & Skillset:
- 5+ years of agency copywriting experience
- Experience developing creative concepts alongside a creative team
- Strong written communication, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A related Bachelors’ degree, Diploma, or equivalent work experience
- A demonstrated ability to expand thinking to integrated channels
- Strong conceptual and writing skills
- Proven experience working with mass advertising concepts
- Ability to speak about your work in an engaging manner
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is highly passionate, self-motivated—and immersed in—brand marketing, digital and social media
- A problem-solver who loves being hands-on
- Is curious about the world around them and seeks inspiration from a variety of sources
- Easily adaptable and can connect with multiple audiences
- Thrives under deadlines
- Has a passion for health and wellness, and/or sports and fitness
What We Offer:
- World class gym, fitness classes and external basketball court
- Community involvement through charitable events
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Group Health & Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company RRSP Matching
- Paid vacation & 5 personal days
- Employee Engagement Events
- Product & Swag from our industry leading brands
- Professional career development
- Opportunities for Global career exposure without the need to relocate!